Special Educational Needs & Disabilities
At Crowle CE First School all children make progress at different rates and have different ways in which they learn best. Quality Inclusive teaching, which takes into account the learning needs of all the pupils in the classroom and includes providing differentiated work in an inclusive learning environment, ensures all pupils needs are met and progress is made.
Some children may require specific, additional and time limited interventions in order to accelerate their progress to enable them to work at or above age related expectations. This may be targeted at a group of pupils with similar needs or on an individual basis. Because teachers are providing different support, help or activities in class, this may not mean that your child will have special educational needs. Many children may need extra help for some of their time in school.
Areas requiring support could include:
- learning difficulties – in acquiring basic skills in school
- emotional and behavioural difficulties – making friends or relating to adults or behaving properly in school
- specific learning difficulty – with reading, writing, number work or understanding information
- sensory or physical needs - such as hearing or visual impairment, which might affect them in school
- speech and language communication problems – in expressing themselves or understanding what others are saying
- medical or health conditions – which may slow down a child’s progress and/or involves treatment that affects his or her education.
To access Worcestershire County Council Local offer for Children with Special Educational needs and Disabilities please click here.
In order to support all parents and guardians we ask that if pupils, parents/guardians or family members require auxiliary aids and services (i.e. information in Braille, wheelchair access, etc.) they notify the school in writing as soon as possible.
For further information and documents to help you find the advice and support you need in Worcestershire please click the following link Schools, Education and Learning Worcestershire County Council
Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact our SENDCO Miss N Morris to discuss any of the above further.