We have worked hard to ensure that our curriculum is exciting, challenging and informative for all of our pupils. Therefore, the objectives behind our curriculum are as follows:
- Allow children to make connections across their learning and the curriculum.
- Systematic approach to teaching vocabulary to all children.
- Planning succinctly for the knowledge, skills and understanding we want the children to learn in each specific topic.
- Offer children the ability to talk about their learning, through questions asked that allows them to demonstrate their understanding.
- Fewer topics so children can now learn more in depth in each individual topic.
- Plan for the knowledge, skills and understanding that the children will gain from each topic.
- Plan vocabulary that the children will be taught, based on three tiers, so that all children’s vocabulary is being extended.
- Teachers support as many connections to be made across the curriculum, so teaching is not seen as stand alone.
- Greater connections being made for children to see how the curriculum is interwoven.
- Greater vocabulary being planned for.
- Children able to talk about their learning, in a way that demonstrates their understanding.
We have then created a two year rolling program of topics, as detailed on the links below: