If you feel that your child is eligible for Free School Meals you are asked to apply online to Worcester County Council, and they will be able to tell you if your eligible. The website address is:
Are you Eligible?
You may be eligible for free school meals if your child attends a state school, and you must be receiving one or more of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Support under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act, 1999
- Child Tax Credit, and your annual income is less than £16,190
- Guaranteed Pension Credit
- Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- Working Tax Credit run-on
- Universal Credit, and your annual household income is £7,400 per annum (£616 per month) or less after tax, and not including any benefits.
If your child is currently receiving free school meals, and the above criteria no longer apply, your child’s eligibility is protected, and they will continue to receive free school meals until the end of the Universal Credit Roll Out. The Government has currently scheduled no earlier than July 2023 for the protection period to end. This could be longer and will depend on your child’s current year group.
Please submit an online application via this Citizen’s Portal to register your details with Worcester County Council so that they can keep in touch with you regarding any updates. They are unable to add any further siblings when you are no longer eligible under the benefit related criteria
Your online application must be sent in to the following portal:
All children in Key Stage 1 (reception, year 1 and year r2) will receive a universal infant free school meal regardless of your circumstances.